The CUHK Bioethics (CUBE) Newsletter
CUBE is a medical student-teacher collaborative newsletter founded in June 2019, aiming to facilitate a continual and inclusive discourse on topics in clinical medicine, public health, and emerging technologies. Our objectives are to:
- Raise awareness for ethical issues in Bioethics among medical students
- Encourage and promote critical thinking and self-reflection on one’s values
- Support medical education at CUHK
We welcome all written works pertaining to biomedical ethics – it can be an opinion, memoirs, movie commentary, clinical reflective experience, history analysis, poem, or literature review.
Calling for Submission!
The team is now accepting submissions for the 4th Edition! We invite you to write on any topics about a moral or ethical dilemma. For example, public policy, global health, intervention, volunteering experience, commentary on emerging technologies, and current news.
Eligibility: Undergraduate Students from the following programmes: Biomedical Sciences, Chinese Medicine, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health, Community Health Practice, and Gerontology.
Reference Style: Vancouver Style
Word Count (minimum): English (800 words); Chinese (1,500 words)
Due Date: December 1, 2022 (Thursday)
Submission will go through a peer-review process, which allows an intellectual exchange between the editor and student writer.
First Edition: July 2020
- End-of-life Care
- Gene Editing
- AI Ethics
- Mental Health Care
- Vaccine Hesitancy
Second Edition: June 2021
- Social and Health Services
- Emerging Technologies
- Covid-19 Pandemic
- Conscientious Objection
Third Edition: June 2022
- Public Health
- Narratives in Medicine
- Research and Publication Ethics
- Reproductive Technology and Society
Where to get the hard copies?
- Faculty of Medicine Undergraduate Office, G07 BMSB
- Student Common Area, BMSB, 3/F
- Room 44072, Faculty and Planning Office, 2/F, Lui Che Woo Clinical Sciences Building, Prince of Wales Hospital
Where to find us?